Saturday, March 28, 2009

An Orderly Office? That’s Personal - Readers' Comments - NYTimes.com

An Orderly Office? That’s Personal - Readers' Comments - NYTimes.com: "What is this? Mary Poppin's?!! Since when does every bit of medicine need to be washed down with a spoonful of sugar. In that movie, books are flying off the shelves, clothes are magically tucked away on their own, the beds are made on their own. I have major disagreements with this article. I don't care how busy you are, a small home office does not require nearly 2,000 bucks to clean. Stop your blogging, step away from your computer, and get to work!

Another example of how America has to sugarcoat every mundane task to get it done. My parents and grandparents would be shocked how utterly lazy this country has become. For the record, I am 28, live on my own, work 50-60 hours a week, preparing for grad school, live within my means, my house is spic and span, and I don't have an abundant supply of cheap child labor helping me with chores. It is not that difficult people!

— Nick, Midwest"

No comments: