Friday, March 27, 2009

About Us | Indian Muslims

About Us | Indian Muslims: "We couldn't say it better than these words of James Brow:


'I make no claim, therefore, that my account is either comprehensive or objective, let alone that it is the authoritative and definitive account of what happened ... Like all account it is partial, in the twin senses of being both incomplete and one-sided, and that partiality is inescapably mine. Nevertheless, while I cannot avoid imposing myself as a screen between the people ... and the reader, I am consoled by the thought that without my intervention few people would ever hear their voices... at all.'

'This is not because [they] are incapable of speaking for themselves. Far from it: they are as eloquent as anyone else. But inequalities in the distribution of power, wealth, and the technologies of communication virtually guarantee that, without the intervention of someone like myself, they would be heard only within a very narrow horizon.'"

No comments: